What is a better way to celebrate the New Year than gathering inspirational and engaged people to highlight great achievements and at the same time look forward to new challenges? The power of the network!
The New Year’s meeting is for all people – individuals, organisations and businesses – who are active for sustainability in Nieuwegein. By connecting and inspiring people the network can expand and strengthen. During the event a few activities were arranged to stimulate interaction and connections:
- Organisations and participants displayed their materials: photos, posters, flyers and had the chance to talk to others about their activities
- Theme boards (energy, resources, biodiversity, mobility, social contact) where participants could hang their idea/initiative
- Calendar: a large calendar was on display where activities from all organisations were gathered. It really showed that a lot of things are being organised. It enabled people to connect with activities in the same month and/or on the same subject.
- Speed dating: to actively create new cooperation between participants, we organised 3 rounds of speed dating.
- On several soapbox rounds, people presented their activity and asked for support for their activity.
This New Year network meeting has been organized two years in a row and is to be continued.